Cloud Migration Chicago, IL
Cloud migration in Chicago, IL. More and more Chicago, IL businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Chicago, IL organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from physical storage to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Chicago, IL, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Chicago, IL organizations use cloud migration to shift their records and processes from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or copying and uploading physical documents.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless reasons to switch to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Chicago, IL:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Chicago, IL
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be performed in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making significant updates with the objective in mind to both best fit the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Chicago, IL?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Chicago, IL organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more engaged, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, clients and others outside your organization can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of information being lost completely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Reduced cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding documents and new employees to. Typically, set-up takes minutes and there's just a slight extra fee. On-premises storage necessitates new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Chicago, IL Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be a general word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Chicago, IL organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Chicago, IL, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Chicago, IL?
While the advantages of cloud migration in Chicago, IL are numerous, there are also many things that can cause the process to go wrong. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so important.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent applications, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of merely transferring it. Large databases are naturally more complex and harder to transfer, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a document management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to adjust suddenly when unexpected issues come up.
Other services we offer in Chicago, IL include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Chicago, IL
We do what we do to make your business better. We are dedicated to boosting your Chicago, IL organization's productivity when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.