Cloud Migration Reston, VA
Cloud migration in Reston, VA. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Reston, VA businesses and other organizations boost productivity and cut down on costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Reston, VA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Reston, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, rather than having data stored on-premises, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Reston, VA organization's records and processes from an on-premises server to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are numerous reasons to switch to cloud migration, however the process requires careful planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Reston, VA:
Types of Cloud Migration in Reston, VA
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and progressively builds up to the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but optimize applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major changes with the goal to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and enhance their performance.
HITS is experienced with all types of data migration and document management procedures, and can help your Reston, VA organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration that fits your needs.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Reston, VA Organization?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Reston, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are myriad advantages to remote work. Some find themselves more engaged, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to remotely view documents, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud services let you set up automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new users to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a slight extra fee. Hardware storage requires new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Reston, VA Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella term, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Reston, VA organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into more manageable applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Reston, VA, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Reston, VA?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in Reston, VA, but as with any technical process there are unique challenges. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just moving it. Large databases are naturally more complicated and harder to move, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unseen problems come up.
Other services we offer in Reston, VA include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Reston, VA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are devoted to enhancing your Reston, VA organization's processes when dealing with internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.