Cloud Migration Lee’s Summit, MO
Cloud migration in Lee’s Summit, MO. More and more Lee’s Summit, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we assist local Lee’s Summit, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Lee’s Summit, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Lee’s Summit, MO organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or scanning physical documents.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many benefits to cloud migration, however the process requires careful planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Lee’s Summit, MO:
- Government bodies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Lee’s Summit, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and progressively lifting and shifting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making significant updates in order to best fit the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
HITS has successfully completed all categories of data migration and document management techniques, and can help your Lee’s Summit, MO organization with whatever type of cloud migration best for you.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Lee’s Summit, MO?
Cloud migration can help your Lee’s Summit, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more engaged, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to remotely view documents, in addition to being able to work on them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost completely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and clients. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Decreased cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that costs less than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud services allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new users to. Typically, set-up takes minutes and there's just a moderate payment increase. Physical storage necessitates new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Lee’s Summit, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella term, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Lee’s Summit, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into more manageable applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Which model is best for you depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Lee’s Summit, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Lee’s Summit, MO?
You've read about the advantages of cloud migration in Lee’s Summit, MO, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of merely moving it. Large databases are inherently more complex and difficult to move, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a document management company that understands planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unseen issues come up.
Other services we offer in Lee’s Summit, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Lee’s Summit, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are devoted to improving your Lee’s Summit, MO organization's productivity when dealing with internal or client information. With our expertise, customer service, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.