Cloud Migration Washington, DC
Cloud migration in Washington, DC. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Washington, DC businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Washington, DC organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Washington, DC, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Washington, DC organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
More and more organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are many benefits to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Washington, DC:
- Government entities
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Washington, DC
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and progressively re-hosting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making significant updates in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and enhance their performance.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Washington, DC?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Washington, DC organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more productive, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as work on them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost entirely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Certain cloud services let you set up automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add storage space and extra employees to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a small payment increase. Physical storage necessitates new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Washington, DC Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Washington, DC organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Washington, DC, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Washington, DC?
You've read about the advantages of cloud migration in Washington, DC, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so essential.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just migrating it. Large databases are inherently more complicated and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unanticipated problems arise.
Other services we offer in Washington, DC include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Washington, DC
We do what we do to make your business better. We are dedicated to enhancing your Washington, DC organization's processes when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.