Cloud Migration Rockville, MD
Cloud migration in Rockville, MD. Increasingly more Rockville, MD businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Rockville, MD organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Rockville, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a data storage system accessed through the Internet, rather than having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Rockville, MD organizations use cloud migration to move their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises server to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Rockville, MD:
- Government entities
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Rockville, MD
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and progressively lifting and shifting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making significant changes with the goal to both best fit the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Rockville, MD?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Rockville, MD organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are myriad benefits to working from home. Some find themselves more engaged, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to remotely view documents, in addition to being able to access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost entirely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Lowered cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud systems allow for automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new employees to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a slight payment increase. On-premises storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Rockville, MD Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Rockville, MD organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Rockville, MD, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Rockville, MD?
You've read about the advantages of cloud migration in Rockville, MD, but as with any technical process there are unique challenges. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so essential.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer technologies, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just transferring it. Large databases are naturally more complex and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a document management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unanticipated issues arise.
Other services we offer in Rockville, MD include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Rockville, MD
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to boosting your Rockville, MD organization's efficiency when dealing with internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.