Cloud Migration Richmond, VA
Cloud migration in Richmond, VA. More and more Richmond, VA businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Richmond, VA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from physical storage to cloud or hybrid domains. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Richmond, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a data storage system accessed through the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Richmond, VA organization's records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in Richmond, VA:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Richmond, VA
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making significant changes with the goal to both best fit the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
HITS has successfully performed all types of data migration and document management services, and can help your Richmond, VA organization with whatever type of cloud migration you need.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Richmond, VA?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Richmond, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more engaged, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to remotely view documents, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of information being lost completely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Decreased cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automation — Certain cloud systems let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add documents and extra employees to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a moderate payment increase. Physical storage requires new hard drives and/or permissions.
Types of Cloud Migration For Richmond, VA Organizations
While "cloud" is a general word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Richmond, VA organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model is best for you depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Richmond, VA, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Richmond, VA?
You've read about the advantages of cloud migration in Richmond, VA, but as with any technical process there are unique challenges. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so important.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer systems, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely transferring it. Large databases are intrinsically more complex and harder to move, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to make changes promptly when unseen problems arise.
Other services we offer in Richmond, VA include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Richmond, VA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are dedicated to boosting your Richmond, VA organization's processes when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.