Cloud Migration Falls Church, VA
Cloud migration in Falls Church, VA. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Falls Church, VA businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Falls Church, VA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Falls Church, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project through our website.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a record storage system accessed through the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Falls Church, VA organizations use cloud migration to move their records and processes from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are numerous advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires prudent planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Falls Church, VA:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Falls Church, VA
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and progressively builds up to the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making significant changes with the goal to both best fit the cloud system and optimize their performance.
HITS is experienced with all categories of data migration and document management services, and can help your Falls Church, VA organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration that fits your needs.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Falls Church, VA Organization?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Falls Church, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are numerous advantages to remote work. Some find themselves more engaged, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — After a cloud migration, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of records being lost completely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Reduced cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that costs less than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automation — Some cloud systems allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new users to. Most often, set-up takes minutes and there's just a slight payment increase. Physical storage requires new hard drives and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For Falls Church, VA Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your organization installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Falls Church, VA organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model is best for you depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Falls Church, VA, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Falls Church, VA?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in Falls Church, VA, but as with any technical process there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just moving it. Large databases are naturally more complex and harder to migrate, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust suddenly when unanticipated issues arise.
Other services we offer in Falls Church, VA include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Falls Church, VA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are devoted to enhancing your Falls Church, VA organization's productivity when managing internal or client information. With our expertise, customer care, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.