Cloud Migration McLean, VA
Cloud migration in McLean, VA. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps McLean, VA businesses and other organizations boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local McLean, VA organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in McLean, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. McLean, VA organizations use cloud migration to move their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises server to a cloud, or scanning paper documents.
More and more organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are numerous reasons to switch to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in McLean, VA:
- Government bodies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in McLean, VA
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be performed in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and progressively lifting and shifting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major updates with the objective in mind to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
HITS is experienced with all types of data migration and document management techniques, and can help your McLean, VA organization with whatever kind of cloud migration that fits your needs.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in McLean, VA?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your McLean, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are myriad advantages to working from home. Some find themselves more productive, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of records being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both people inside and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Lowered cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automation — Certain cloud services let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add storage space and extra employees to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a small extra fee. Physical storage necessitates new hard drives and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For McLean, VA Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your organization installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your McLean, VA organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model is best for you depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in McLean, VA, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in McLean, VA?
You've read about the advantages of cloud migration in McLean, VA, but there are also many things that can cause the process to go wrong. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so important.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent applications, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely migrating it. Large databases are naturally more complicated and harder to migrate, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unexpected problems arise.
Other services we offer in McLean, VA include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in McLean, VA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are dedicated to improving your McLean, VA organization's processes when managing internal or client information. With our expertise, customer service, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.