Cloud Migration Kansas City, MO
Cloud migration in Kansas City, MO. Increasingly more Kansas City, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we assist local Kansas City, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid environments. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Kansas City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a record storage system accessed through the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Kansas City, MO organizations use cloud migration to shift their records and processes from an on-premises server to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are countless reasons to switch to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Kansas City, MO:
Types of Cloud Migration in Kansas City, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but enhance applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making considerable changes in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Kansas City, MO?
Cloud migration can help your Kansas City, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more engaged, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of information being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud systems allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding records and extra users to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a small payment increase. Physical storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or permissions.
Types of Cloud Migration For Kansas City, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your organization installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Kansas City, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Kansas City, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Kansas City, MO?
While the advantages of cloud migration in Kansas City, MO are many, there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent systems, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely transferring it. Large databases are intrinsically more complicated and difficult to move, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a data management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to make changes on the fly when unseen problems come up.
Other services we offer in Kansas City, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Kansas City, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to enhancing your Kansas City, MO organization's efficiency when dealing with internal or client data. With our expertise, customer service, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.