Cloud Migration Herndon, VA
Cloud migration in Herndon, VA. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Herndon, VA businesses and other organizations boost productivity and cut down on costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Herndon, VA organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Herndon, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Herndon, VA organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
More and more organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are countless benefits to cloud migration, however the process requires prudent planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Herndon, VA:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Herndon, VA
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and progressively re-hosting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but enhance applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making considerable changes in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Herndon, VA Organization?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Herndon, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are numerous benefits to remote work. Some find themselves more productive, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as work on them simultaneously.
- Easier to work with clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of records being lost completely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Reduced cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Certain cloud services let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add data and new users to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a small extra fee. On-premises storage requires new hard drives and/or permissions.
Types of Cloud Migration For Herndon, VA Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Herndon, VA organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Herndon, VA, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Herndon, VA?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in Herndon, VA, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent applications, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just moving it. Large databases are intrinsically more complex and harder to move, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to make changes suddenly when unexpected problems arise.
Other services we offer in Herndon, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Herndon, VA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are devoted to enhancing your Herndon, VA organization's efficiency when managing internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and over 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.