Cloud Migration Bethesda, MD
Cloud migration in Bethesda, MD. Increasingly more Bethesda, MD businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help local Bethesda, MD organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Bethesda, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project through our website.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Bethesda, MD organization's records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
More and more organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are numerous benefits to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in Bethesda, MD:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Bethesda, MD
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and gradually lifting and shifting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed with minor changes, which optimize applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major changes in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Bethesda, MD Business?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Bethesda, MD organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are myriad benefits to remote work. Some think they are more engaged, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your workforce to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — After a cloud migration, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of records being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding documents and new users to. Usually, set-up takes minutes and there's just a small payment increase. Hardware storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Bethesda, MD Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Bethesda, MD organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Bethesda, MD, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Bethesda, MD?
While the advantages of cloud migration in Bethesda, MD are many, as with anything in life there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer technologies, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of merely migrating it. Large databases are naturally more complex and harder to migrate, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal processes while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unanticipated problems arise.
Other services we offer in Bethesda, MD include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Bethesda, MD
Our business is based on making your business better. We are committed to improving your Bethesda, MD organization's productivity when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.