Cloud Migration Springfield, MO
Cloud migration in Springfield, MO. Increasingly more Springfield, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Springfield, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Springfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Springfield, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Springfield, MO:
Types of Cloud Migration in Springfield, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and progressively builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making significant updates with the goal to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
HITS has successfully performed all types of data migration and document management services, and can help your Springfield, MO organization discover and implement the kind of cloud migration you need.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Springfield, MO Business?
Cloud migration can help your Springfield, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are myriad benefits to working from home. Some think they are more productive, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your workforce to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of information being lost completely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both people inside and clients. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud services allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add documents and new users to. Typically, they can be added immediately with a slight extra fee. Hardware storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For Springfield, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Springfield, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Springfield, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Springfield, MO?
You've read about the benefits of cloud migration in Springfield, MO, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent technologies, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just migrating it. Large databases are inherently more complex and harder to transfer, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust suddenly when unanticipated issues arise.
Other services we offer in Springfield, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Springfield, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to boosting your Springfield, MO organization's efficiency when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.