Cloud Migration Kansas City, KS
Cloud migration in Kansas City, KS. More and more Kansas City, KS businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Kansas City, KS organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from physical storage to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Kansas City, KS, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Kansas City, KS organization's records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or converting paper documents.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless benefits to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Kansas City, KS:
- Government entities
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Kansas City, KS
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be performed in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually builds up to the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but optimize applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major changes in order to best fit the cloud system and enhance their performance.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Kansas City, KS?
Cloud migration can help your Kansas City, KS organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are myriad advantages to working from home. Some find themselves more engaged, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your workforce to remotely view documents, as well as work on them simultaneously.
- Easier to work with clients — With a cloud system, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of information being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that costs less than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud systems allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding data and new employees to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a moderate extra fee. Physical storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Kansas City, KS Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Kansas City, KS organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Kansas City, KS, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Kansas City, KS?
You've read about the advantages of cloud migration in Kansas City, KS, but there are also many things that can cause the process to go wrong. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer technologies, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just moving it. Large databases are intrinsically more complicated and difficult to migrate, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unseen issues arise.
Other services we offer in Kansas City, KS include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Kansas City, KS
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to enhancing your Kansas City, KS organization's processes when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.