Cloud Migration Los Angeles, CA
Cloud migration in Los Angeles, CA. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Los Angeles, CA businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Los Angeles, CA organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Los Angeles, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or physically. Los Angeles, CA organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Los Angeles, CA:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Los Angeles, CA
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and progressively builds up to the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major changes with the objective in mind to both best fit the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Los Angeles, CA Organization?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Los Angeles, CA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are myriad advantages to working from home. Some think they are more engaged, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as access them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of records being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Decreased cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automation — Certain cloud services allow for automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add records and new users to. Typically, set-up takes minutes and there's just a slight extra fee. Hardware storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Los Angeles, CA Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be a general word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a DIY option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Los Angeles, CA organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Los Angeles, CA, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Los Angeles, CA?
While the benefits of cloud migration in Los Angeles, CA are obvious, as with anything in life there are unique challenges. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer systems, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely transferring it. Large databases are naturally more complex and harder to transfer, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to make changes on the fly when unexpected issues come up.
Other services we offer in Los Angeles, CA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Los Angeles, CA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to improving your Los Angeles, CA organization's productivity when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.