Cloud Migration Blue Springs, MO
Cloud migration in Blue Springs, MO. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps Blue Springs, MO businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Blue Springs, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Blue Springs, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or physically. Blue Springs, MO organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many reasons to switch to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in Blue Springs, MO:
- Government bodies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Blue Springs, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and progressively builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making significant updates with the goal to both best fit the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
HITS has successfully implemented all categories of data migration and document management services, and can help your Blue Springs, MO organization with whatever type of cloud migration best for you.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Blue Springs, MO?
Cloud migration can help your Blue Springs, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more engaged, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your workforce to remotely view documents, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — With a cloud system, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of records being lost completely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that costs less than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and extra users to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a slight extra fee. Physical storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Blue Springs, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella term, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your organization installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Blue Springs, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into smaller applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Blue Springs, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Blue Springs, MO?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in Blue Springs, MO, but as with any technical process there are unique challenges. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so essential.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent applications, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of merely moving it. Large databases are intrinsically more complex and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust on the fly when unseen issues arise.
Other services we offer in Blue Springs, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Blue Springs, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to improving your Blue Springs, MO organization's productivity when dealing with internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.