Cloud Migration St. Charles, MO
Cloud migration in St. Charles, MO. More and more St. Charles, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local St. Charles, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in St. Charles, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. St. Charles, MO organizations use cloud migration to shift their records and processes from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or converting physical documents.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are many advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires prudent planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in St. Charles, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in St. Charles, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration starts with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and progressively lifting and shifting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major updates in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
HITS has successfully completed all categories of data migration and document management procedures, and can help your St. Charles, MO organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration you need.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My St. Charles, MO Organization?
Cloud migration can help your St. Charles, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more productive, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to remotely view documents, as well as access them simultaneously.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of records being lost entirely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and clients. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Lowered cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new users to. Typically, set-up takes minutes and there's just a small payment increase. Hardware storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For St. Charles, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your St. Charles, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into more manageable applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Which model is best for you depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in St. Charles, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in St. Charles, MO?
While the advantages of cloud migration in St. Charles, MO are numerous, there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so essential.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer technologies, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just transferring it. Large databases are intrinsically more complex and harder to transfer, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust suddenly when unanticipated problems arise.
Other services we offer in St. Charles, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in St. Charles, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to enhancing your St. Charles, MO organization's processes when dealing with internal or client information. With our expertise, customer care, and over 25 years of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.