Cloud Migration Atlanta, GA
Cloud migration in Atlanta, GA. Increasingly more Atlanta, GA businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we assist local Atlanta, GA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid environments. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Atlanta, GA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or physically. Atlanta, GA organizations use cloud migration to shift their records and processes from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in Atlanta, GA:
Types of Cloud Migration in Atlanta, GA
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and progressively lifting and shifting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed with minor changes, which enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major changes with the goal to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Atlanta, GA Organization?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Atlanta, GA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are myriad benefits to remote work. Some think they are more productive, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost completely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Reduced cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Usually, that costs less than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud services let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding documents and extra users to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a moderate payment increase. Hardware storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Atlanta, GA Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be a general term, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Atlanta, GA organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Atlanta, GA, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Atlanta, GA?
You've read about the benefits of cloud migration in Atlanta, GA, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so vital.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent systems, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just migrating it. Large databases are naturally more complex and harder to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to hire a data management company that knows planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unexpected problems come up.
Other services we offer in Atlanta, GA include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Atlanta, GA
Our business is based on making your business better. We are committed to improving your Atlanta, GA organization's processes when dealing with internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.