Cloud Migration Chesterfield, MO
Cloud migration in Chesterfield, MO. Cloud migration is a record management service that helps Chesterfield, MO businesses and other organizations boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help local Chesterfield, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid domains. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Chesterfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a record storage system accessed through the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Chesterfield, MO organizations use cloud migration to move their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises server to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are numerous benefits to cloud migration, however the process requires prudent planning, and diligent specialists to ensure it goes smoothly. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Chesterfield, MO:
Types of Cloud Migration in Chesterfield, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and progressively lifting and shifting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud without making many changes, but optimize applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major changes with the goal to both best fit the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
HITS is experienced with all categories of data migration and document management services, and can help your Chesterfield, MO organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration you need.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Chesterfield, MO Business?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Chesterfield, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are numerous benefits to remote work. Some think they are more productive, others enjoy the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to remotely view documents, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost entirely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Decreased cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that costs less than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add storage space and extra users to. Typically, they can be added immediately with a small extra fee. Physical storage requires new hard drives and/or permissions.
Types of Cloud Migration For Chesterfield, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be a general word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Chesterfield, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Chesterfield, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Chesterfield, MO?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in Chesterfield, MO, but there are also many things that can cause the process to not function at an optimal level. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent applications, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just migrating it. Large databases are naturally more complicated and difficult to transfer, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unexpected issues arise.
Other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Chesterfield, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are devoted to boosting your Chesterfield, MO organization's processes when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.