Cloud Migration St. Peters, MO
Cloud migration in St. Peters, MO. Increasingly more St. Peters, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local St. Peters, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in St. Peters, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your St. Peters, MO organization's records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises storage system to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud system.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless benefits to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in St. Peters, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in St. Peters, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually builds up to the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with only light changes, which optimize applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major updates in order to best fit the cloud system and enhance their performance.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in St. Peters, MO?
Cloud migration can help your St. Peters, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to research performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are myriad benefits to working from home. Some think they are more productive, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your workforce to have information at their fingertips when they need it, in addition to being able to access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — After a cloud migration, clients and others outside your organization can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of information being lost entirely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Reduced cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that costs less than the cost of hardware and external drives. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers carry out their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Certain cloud services allow for automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add records and new employees to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a small extra fee. On-premises storage necessitates new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For St. Peters, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella word, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your St. Peters, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into smaller applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in St. Peters, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in St. Peters, MO?
While the advantages of cloud migration in St. Peters, MO are numerous, as with any technical process there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for newer technologies, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely moving it. Large databases are intrinsically more complicated and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you'll need to know how to continue your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust on the fly when unexpected issues come up.
Other services we offer in St. Peters, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in St. Peters, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to improving your St. Peters, MO organization's productivity when dealing with internal or client information. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.