Cloud Migration Independence, MO
Cloud migration in Independence, MO. More and more Independence, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other document management services to boost productivity and cut down on costs. At HITS, we assist local Independence, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid domains. In our 25 years, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Independence, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored on-premises, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Independence, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many benefits to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Independence, MO:
- Government bodies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Independence, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the least complex documents, and gradually re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with only light changes, which enhance applications based on what is available on the cloud.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making significant changes in order to best fit the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Independence, MO Business?
Cloud migration can help your Independence, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study performed by the Becker Friedman Institute, employees believe there are numerous advantages to working from home. Some think they are more productive, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your employees to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost entirely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both people inside and people outside your organization. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Easier on the budget — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automation — Certain cloud services allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and extra users to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a slight extra fee. Hardware storage necessitates new hard drives and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Independence, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is an umbrella word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Independence, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into more manageable applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in Independence, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Independence, MO?
While the advantages of cloud migration in Independence, MO are numerous, as with any technical process there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for more recent applications, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely moving it. Large databases are intrinsically more complicated and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a data management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unexpected issues come up.
Other services we offer in Independence, MO include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Independence, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to boosting your Independence, MO organization's processes when dealing with internal or client data. With our expertise, customer care, and over 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.