Cloud Migration Wentzville, MO
Cloud migration in Wentzville, MO. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Wentzville, MO businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help find innovative solutions for local Wentzville, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from physical storage to cloud or hybrid environments. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Wentzville, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Wentzville, MO organizations use cloud migration to relocate their records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or scanning physical documents.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are numerous benefits to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Wentzville, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Wentzville, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be carried out in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with minor changes, which enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making significant updates with the goal to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and enhance their performance.
What Are the Advantages to Cloud Migration in Wentzville, MO?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Wentzville, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more engaged, others like spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go program allows your employees to have information at their fingertips when they need it, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost entirely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Lowered cost — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Some cloud systems allow for automated processes to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add data and new employees to. Usually, set-up takes minutes and there's just a small extra fee. Physical storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For Wentzville, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your organization installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Wentzville, MO organization would rent the servers and storage space from a cloud provider, and then build your own application within those servers.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into smaller applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Wentzville, MO, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Wentzville, MO?
While the advantages of cloud migration in Wentzville, MO are obvious, as with any technical process there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer systems, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just migrating it. Large databases are naturally more complicated and difficult to move, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
In order to deal with the difficulties of cloud migration, you need a document management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to effectively improvise when unseen problems arise.
Other services we offer in Wentzville, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Wentzville, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are dedicated to enhancing your Wentzville, MO organization's processes when managing internal or client information. With our expertise, customer care, and over two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.