Cloud Migration Columbia, MO
Cloud migration in Columbia, MO. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Columbia, MO businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Columbia, MO organizations with numerous data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid domains. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Columbia, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing data on a cloud means that they are stored on the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or physically. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Columbia, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to work better in modern business. There are many advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Columbia, MO:
- Government bodies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Columbia, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and gradually re-hosting the more complex ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major updates in order to best fit the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
HITS has successfully implemented all types of data migration and document management services, and can help your Columbia, MO organization discover and implement the kind of cloud migration you need.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Columbia, MO?
Cloud migration can help your Columbia, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some think they are more productive, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your workforce to have information at their fingertips wherever they are, as well as access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of information being lost completely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system let you control who has access to certain information better, both employees and clients. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Decreased cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automated Processes — Some cloud services allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add data and new employees to. Most often, they can be added immediately with a slight payment increase. On-premises storage requires new hard drives and/or permissions.
Types of Cloud Migration For Columbia, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your organization installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are are subscription based and are accessed over the web.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Columbia, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into more manageable applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Columbia, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in Columbia, MO?
You've read about the benefits of cloud migration in Columbia, MO, but there are also many things that can cause the process to go wrong. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so important.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent applications, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just moving it. Large databases are intrinsically more complicated and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
To best compensate for the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a document management company that understands how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to make changes on the fly when unanticipated issues come up.
Other services we offer in Columbia, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Columbia, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are dedicated to enhancing your Columbia, MO organization's processes when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and more than two and a half decades of experience, you'll have peace of mind that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.