Cloud Migration Clayton, MO
Cloud migration in Clayton, MO. Cloud migration is a document management service that helps Clayton, MO businesses and other organizations be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local Clayton, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your data and applications from on-premises to cloud or hybrid domains. In our more than two and a half decades, we've become a renowned leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Clayton, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a data storage system accessed through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your Clayton, MO organization's records and processes from an on-premises server to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are countless advantage to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is ideal for the following industries in Clayton, MO:
- Government bodies
- Healthcare providers
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Clayton, MO
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also known as "lift-and-shift", this is a basic "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually builds up to the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with minor changes, which enhance applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making considerable changes with the objective in mind to both make it more suitable for the cloud system and adhere to compliance or best-practice standards.
HITS has successfully completed all categories of data migration and document management services, and can help your Clayton, MO organization discover and implement the kind of cloud migration best for you.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My Clayton, MO Organization?
Cloud migration can help your Clayton, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, workers enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more productive, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your workforce to remotely view documents, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier to work with clients — After a cloud migration, you'll be able to grant access to people outside your company so they can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost entirely, whether that be a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Lowered cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than the cost of hardware and external drives. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than physical storage.
- Automation — Some cloud systems let you set up automated alerts, storing, and recording, to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding storage space and new users to. Usually, set-up takes minutes and there's just a small extra fee. On-premises storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or permissions.
Models of Cloud Migration For Clayton, MO Organizations
While "cloud" is a general term, there are generally four different types of service models offered by cloud applications:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Instead of your business installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Clayton, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Clayton, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Clayton, MO?
We've talked about the benefits of cloud migration in Clayton, MO, but as with anything in life there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be not set up right for more recent applications, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than just transferring it. Large databases are naturally more complex and harder to move, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity is the process of ensuring data does not become corrupted or lost. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is going on.
To best compensate for the difficulties of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a data management company that knows how to plan a migration strategy, execute it to a "T," and be able to adjust suddenly when unseen problems come up.
Other services we offer in Clayton, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Clayton, MO
Our business is based on making your business better. We are dedicated to boosting your Clayton, MO organization's productivity when managing internal or client information. With our expertise, customer service, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.