Cloud Migration O’Fallon, MO
Cloud migration in O’Fallon, MO. Increasingly more O’Fallon, MO businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to be more productive, efficient, and cost-effective. At HITS, we help local O’Fallon, MO organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from physical storage to cloud or hybrid domains. In our over two and a half decades, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in O’Fallon, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
What Is Cloud Migration?
Storing records on a cloud means accessing them through the Internet, instead of having data stored on-premises, or having paper documents. Cloud migration is the process of moving your O’Fallon, MO organization's records, data, applications, and other business elements from an on-premises hard drive to a cloud, or scanning paper documents onto a cloud server.
Increasingly organizations are finding cloud storage to be a better fit both for their clients and internal processes. There are countless reasons to switch to cloud migration, however the process requires meticulous planning, and diligent data management experts to ensure it's done correctly. Cloud migration is a good fit for the following industries in O’Fallon, MO:
- Government entities
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in O’Fallon, MO
Generally speaking, cloud migration can be performed in one of three ways:
- Re-host — Also called "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" from on-premises storage to a cloud system. The cloud migration starts with the least complex documents, and gradually re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where you move the data and applications to a cloud with minor changes, which enhance applications as far as the cloud service lets you.
- Re-factor — This is moving applications to a cloud, while making major changes in order to best fit the cloud system and conform to certain standards.
Why Should I Choose Cloud Migration For My O’Fallon, MO Organization?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your O’Fallon, MO organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to the Becker Friedman Institute, employees enjoy remote work for a variety of reasons. Some find themselves more engaged, others like the lack of commute. Our Paperless To Go services allow your workforce to remotely view documents, as well as work on them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily view, edit, or comment on documents no matter where they are.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you elude the risk of data being lost completely because of a natural disaster, security breach or mistake.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms have precise controls so only authorized parties can access a file.
- Reduced cost — Many cloud services allow free storage up to a certain amount, and then certain tiered payment options. Usually, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. Set-up and maintenance are also cheaper than local storage.
- Automation — Some cloud systems allow for automated alerts, storing, and recording, to further save your team time.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is also much more effective at adding data and new employees to. Usually, they can be added immediately with a small extra fee. Physical storage requires new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Models of Cloud Migration For O’Fallon, MO Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your organization installing an application on a computer or other device, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — Instead of paying for an application, in this model you would pay for everything you need to make an application and then build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your O’Fallon, MO organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, cloud applications are broken down into smaller applications that only run when the application needs to be used.
Each model offers its own benefits and disadvantages. Call HITS to discuss your cloud migration needs in O’Fallon, MO, and we can help you ascertain what the best fit for you is.
What Are the Challenges of Cloud Migration in O’Fallon, MO?
While the advantages of cloud migration in O’Fallon, MO are numerous, there are also many things that can cause the process to go wrong. That's what makes having an experienced data migration company like HITS so essential.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer applications, which may lead to you needing to rebuild an application instead of just migrating it. Large databases are inherently more complicated and difficult to migrate, and the cloud migration will take longer. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration might take a while, you'll need to know how to continue your normal processes while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you need a data management company that understands planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to make changes promptly when unseen issues arise.
Other services we offer in O’Fallon, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in O’Fallon, MO
We do what we do to make your business better. We are committed to enhancing your O’Fallon, MO organization's productivity when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer service, and over 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online for a free quote.