Go Paperless Wentzville, MO
Go paperless in Wentzville, MO. The concept of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Wentzville, MO enterprises. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their internal processes. By moving on from paper, you'll save on a variety of costs, make your clients happier, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Wentzville, MO organizations improve their workflows for over 25 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Wentzville, MO: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, finding a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time looking for the document
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other 25 percent on cabinets, printers, toner, etc...
- Issues related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months annually
Given the above, it's not hard to see why more and more Wentzville, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and improve their internal processes.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Wentzville, MO
Going paperless can do wonders for your business and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 benefits you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Wentzville, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices not only boost creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when employees are not in the same place.
- More security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to know their information is secure, and federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are important for many Wentzville, MO businesses. With increased security your private information will be easier to protect.
- Move to remote work — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less expenses on office supplies, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- It's good for the environment — An office worker in the United States uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Wentzville, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any Wentzville, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two categories, securely destroy the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Wentzville, MO company, you a cloud, on-premises storage, or something in between.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not analog. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new software.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure your clients and partners are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Tell them it's a great change that will make things smoother for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Wentzville, MO
Without a company experienced in helping Wentzville, MO organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Wentzville, MO organizations with going paperless and increase productivity for almost 30 years. In that time, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper documents into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Wentzville, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Wentzville, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important documents. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need converted, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.