Go Paperless Kansas City, MO
Go paperless in Kansas City, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Kansas City, MO businesses. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Kansas City, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Kansas City, MO: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their day going over documents, but 50 percent of their day trying to find the document
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the rest on cabinets, copiers, ink, etc...
- Document related issues account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months every year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why more and more Kansas City, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to save money and improve their workflows.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Kansas City, MO
Going paperless has a huge impact on your organization and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 advantages most of our clients see when they go paperless in Kansas City, MO include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- More productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to work with at the same time, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- More security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal guidelines, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are vital for many Kansas City, MO businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to remote work — Many employees like working remotely because they feel like they can focus more, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced expenses on office supplies, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Go Paperless in Kansas City, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Kansas City, MO organization, especially if you have stacks and stacks of paper whose information you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Sort your documents into two categories, shred the ones that have met your retention policy, and digitize the others.
- Pick your digital storage service — There are hundreds of applications and software that offer online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site storage, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity that will make things smoother for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Kansas City, MO
Without an agency who knows how to help Kansas City, MO companies go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may draw out for longer than expected. At HITS, we've been assisting Kansas City, MO organizations with going paperless and improve their workflows for more than two and half decades. With that experience, we've learned how to make the conversion efficient and pain-free.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Kansas City, MO companies who wish to move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Kansas City, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.