Go Paperless Langley, VA
Go paperless in Langley, VA. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Langley, VA businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their workflow. With a paperless workflow, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Langley, VA organizations become the best versions of themselves for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Langley, VA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their day looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time looking for it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Problems related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months every year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Langley, VA organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to save money and enhance their workflows.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Langley, VA
Switching to a paperless workflow can do wonders for your organization and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 advantages most of our clients see by going paperless in Langley, VA include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be more open, which can improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier can cost as much as $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — All organizations have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to have faith in you, and federal guidelines, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are essential for many Langley, VA businesses. With increased security your sensitive information will be easier to safeguard.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced operating costs, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and improved employee retention. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- It's good for the planet — The average American office worker disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Langley, VA
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Langley, VA organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two categories, get rid of the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Do your research and pick which works best for you. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site hardware, or a hybrid solution.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of using paper. Make sure your employees know what they're doing and that they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as a great new opportunity to make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Langley, VA
Without a company experienced in helping Langley, VA organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may draw out for longer than expected. At HITS, we've been assisting Langley, VA organizations with going paperless and become more efficient for more than 25 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven solutions to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper records into two categories: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Langley, VA companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Langley, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.