Go Paperless Takoma Park, MD
Go paperless in Takoma Park, MD. The concept of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Takoma Park, MD enterprises. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. With a paperless workflow, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Takoma Park, MD organizations become the best versions of themselves for more than 25 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Takoma Park, MD: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format are lost; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, finding a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their day reviewing documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Document related problems account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Given the above, it's easy to see why more and more Takoma Park, MD organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and make their teams more productive.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Takoma Park, MD
Switching to a paperless workflow has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 advantages most of our clients experience by going paperless in Takoma Park, MD include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on expenses like paper and ink, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are not in the same place.
- More security — All organizations have information that is private or sensitive. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to have faith in you, and federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are vital for many Takoma Park, MD organizations. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many office workers prefer to work away from the office because they feel they can concentrate on their work better, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less expenses on office supplies, access to more workers, and improved employee retention. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Go Paperless in Takoma Park, MD
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any Takoma Park, MD organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, make the process seamless and secure:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, get rid of the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site servers, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or produce paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity to make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Takoma Park, MD
Without an agency who knows how to help Takoma Park, MD companies go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may take much longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been helping Takoma Park, MD companies go paperless and increase productivity for more than two and half decades. With that experience, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Takoma Park, MD companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Takoma Park, MD
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important records. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.