Go Paperless Arlington, VA
Go paperless in Arlington, VA. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Arlington, VA organizations. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By moving on from paper, you'll save on a variety of costs, make your clients happier, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Arlington, VA organizations improve their workflows for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Arlington, VA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their day reading documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the other 25 percent on cabinets, printers, toner, etc...
- Problems related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months each year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not hard to see why more and more Arlington, VA organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and make their teams more productive.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Arlington, VA
Going paperless can do wonders for your business and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 advantages you're likely to see by going paperless in Arlington, VA are:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier can cost as much as $15,000, not including the cost of maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when employees are not in the same place.
- Increase security — All organizations have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to know their information is secure, and federal guidelines, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are essential for many Arlington, VA businesses. With increased security your sensitive information will be easier to protect.
- Make remote work possible — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced overhead, access to more workers, and improved employee retention. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — An office worker in the United States uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in Arlington, VA
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any Arlington, VA organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, securely destroy the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. You'll have the option to consider a cloud, on-site storage, or a hybrid solution.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting change that will make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Arlington, VA
Without a company who knows how to help Arlington, VA companies go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Arlington, VA organizations with going paperless and improve their workflows for over two and half decades. With that experience, we've learned how to make the switch as stress-free as possible.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper records into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Arlington, VA companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Arlington, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important records. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.