Go Paperless St. Peters, MO
Go paperless in St. Peters, MO. The idea of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for St. Peters, MO organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their operations. With a paperless workflow, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping St. Peters, MO organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in St. Peters, MO: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a missing documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day reading documents, but half their time looking for the document
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other 25 percent on storage and equipment
- Document related issues make up 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months every year
Given the above, it's easy to see why more and more St. Peters, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and enhance their workflows.
8 Benefits of A Paperless Office in St. Peters, MO
Switching to a paperless workflow can do wonders for your organization and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 advantages you're likely to experience when they go paperless in St. Peters, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers won't be bogged down looking for information instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- More productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to know their information is secure, and federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are vital for many St. Peters, MO enterprises. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel like they can focus more, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less expenses on office supplies, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. Going paperless is a great way for you and your workers to reap the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in St. Peters, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any St. Peters, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Go through all of your paper documents, shred the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider a cloud, on-site servers, or something in between.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digitalto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's an exciting change to make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in St. Peters, MO
Without a company who knows how to help St. Peters, MO companies go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the process may draw out for longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been helping St. Peters, MO companies go paperless and become more efficient for almost 30 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven applications to make the process as stress-free as possible.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two "piles": scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help St. Peters, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in St. Peters, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.