Go Paperless Chesterfield, MO
Go paperless in Chesterfield, MO. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Chesterfield, MO businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Chesterfield, MO organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Chesterfield, MO: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, finding a missing documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time looking for it
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the other 25 percent on cabinets, printers, ink, etc...
- Document related problems account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months per year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Chesterfield, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to save money and improve their workflows.
8 Benefits of A Paperless Office in Chesterfield, MO
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 benefits most of our clients see when they go paperless in Chesterfield, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — Most companies have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are essential for many Chesterfield, MO enterprises. With increased security your private records will be easier to safeguard.
- Move to remote work — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers get the benefit of less operating costs, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. Going paperless is a great way for you and your workers to benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- Go green — An office worker in the United States uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in Chesterfield, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any Chesterfield, MO organization, especially if you have stacks and stacks of paper whose information you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, securely destroy the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Chesterfield, MO company, you a cloud, on-site storage, or hybrid storage.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not analog. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or produce paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure your clients and partners are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Tell them it's a great new opportunity that will make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Chesterfield, MO
Without a company who knows how to help Chesterfield, MO businesses go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the process may take much longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been helping Chesterfield, MO companies go paperless and become more efficient for over two and half decades. In that time, we've learned how to make the process as stress-free as possible.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two categories: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Chesterfield, MO companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Chesterfield, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important information. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.