Go Paperless Creve Coeur, MO
Go paperless in Creve Coeur, MO. The idea of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Creve Coeur, MO enterprises. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their operations. With a paperless workflow, you'll save on a variety of costs, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Creve Coeur, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Creve Coeur, MO: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a missing document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Document related issues make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months each year
Given the above, it's easy to see why increasingly more Creve Coeur, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to be more cost-effective and make their office workers more efficient.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Creve Coeur, MO
Going paperless has a huge impact on your organization, your employees, your partners, and your customers. The top 8 advantages most of our clients see by going paperless in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be more open, which can improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers won't be bogged down digging through cabinets instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier can be as much as $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- More productivity — Uncluttered offices not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — All organizations have information that is private or sensitive. By going paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are essential for many Creve Coeur, MO enterprises. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer to work away from the office because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced expenses on office supplies, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and improved employee retention. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can reap the benefits of remote work.
- Help the environment — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Creve Coeur, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any Creve Coeur, MO organization, especially if you have stacks and stacks of paper whose information you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two groups, shred the ones that have met your retention policy, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-premises storage, or something in between.
- Digitize your workflows — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digitalto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be tech-savvy, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure your employees know what they're doing and that they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as a great new opportunity that will make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Creve Coeur, MO
Without an agency who knows how to help Creve Coeur, MO organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Creve Coeur, MO organizations with going paperless and become more efficient for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to make the process as stress-free as possible.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper documents into two categories: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Creve Coeur, MO companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Creve Coeur, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.