Go Paperless New York City, NY
Go paperless in New York City, NY. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to New York City, NY enterprises. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. With a paperless workflow, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping New York City, NY organizations become the best versions of themselves for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in New York City, NY: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their day trying to find the document
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the rest on storage and equipment
- Document related problems make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months each year
Given the above, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more New York City, NY organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to save money and enhance their workflows.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in New York City, NY
Going paperless has a huge impact on your company, your employees, your partners, and those you serve. The biggest 8 benefits most of our clients experience by going paperless in New York City, NY include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier can cost as much as $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices not only boost creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — Most companies have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are important for many New York City, NY organizations. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers get the benefit of reduced overhead, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. Going paperless is a great way for you and your workers to benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- Help the planet — An office worker in the United States disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in New York City, NY
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any New York City, NY organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, securely destroy the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site hardware, or a little bit of both.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new storage space.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's a great new opportunity that will make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in New York City, NY
Without an agency who knows how to help New York City, NY companies go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping New York City, NY companies go paperless and become more efficient for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help New York City, NY companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in New York City, NY
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important information. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.