Go Paperless Annapolis, MD
Go paperless in Annapolis, MD. The idea of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Annapolis, MD organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their workflow. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Annapolis, MD organizations improve their workflows for over 25 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Annapolis, MD: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time looking for the document
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the rest on cabinets, printers, ink, etc...
- Problems related to document management make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why more and more Annapolis, MD organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to save money and enhance their internal processes.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Annapolis, MD
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your organization, your office workers, your partners, and those you serve. The biggest 8 benefits you're likely to see when they go paperless in Annapolis, MD are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be more open, which studies show is enough to boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier can cost as much as $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- More productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to work with at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — Most companies have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, you can control which employees and clients have access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents are also safer in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are vital for many Annapolis, MD enterprises. With increased security your sensitive information will be easier to safeguard.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel like they can focus more, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced expenses on office supplies, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- It's good for the planet — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in Annapolis, MD
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Annapolis, MD organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Go through all of your paper documents, shred the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Annapolis, MD company, you cloud-based storage, on-premises storage, or a hybrid solution.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not paper. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digitalto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be tech-savvy, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new storage space.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting change that will make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Annapolis, MD
Without a company experienced in helping Annapolis, MD organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping Annapolis, MD companies go paperless and improve their workflows for over 25 years. In that time, we've learned how to make the process as stress-free as possible.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are in digital format, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Annapolis, MD companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Annapolis, MD
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.