Go Paperless Silver Spring, MD
Go paperless in Silver Spring, MD. The concept of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Silver Spring, MD organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their workflow. With a paperless workflow, you'll save on a variety of costs, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Silver Spring, MD organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Silver Spring, MD: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their day reviewing documents, but half their time trying to find the document
- 75 percent of the cost associated with paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the rest on storage and equipment
- Issues related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's easy to see why more and more Silver Spring, MD organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to save money and make their teams more productive.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Silver Spring, MD
Going paperless has a huge impact on your business, your office workers, your partners, and your clients. The biggest 8 advantages most of our clients see when they go paperless in Silver Spring, MD are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down looking for information instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — All organizations have documents that are private or sensitive. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to know their information is secure, and federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are important for many Silver Spring, MD enterprises. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less expenses on office supplies, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- It's good for the planet — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Silver Spring, MD
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any Silver Spring, MD organization, especially if you have stacks and stacks of paper whose information you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, make the process seamless and secure:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two categories, shred the ones that have met your retention policy, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Silver Spring, MD company, you cloud-based storage, on-site storage, or a little bit of both.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be tech-savvy, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of using paper. Make sure your employees know what they're doing and that they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity to make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Silver Spring, MD
Without an agency experienced in helping Silver Spring, MD businesses go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the process may draw out for longer than you anticipated. At HITS, we've been assisting Silver Spring, MD organizations with going paperless and become more efficient for over two and half decades. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven solutions to make the process as stress-free as possible.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper documents into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Silver Spring, MD companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
We've helped a variety of Silver Spring, MD organizations go paperless, from private businesses to government agencies, and even health information departments with our STR8VIEW® document retention system.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Silver Spring, MD
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important records. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.