Go Paperless Falls Church, VA
Go paperless in Falls Church, VA. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Falls Church, VA enterprises. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their workflow. With a paperless workflow, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Falls Church, VA organizations become the best versions of themselves for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Falls Church, VA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day going over documents, but half their time looking for it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the rest on cabinets, copiers, toner, etc...
- Document related issues account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Given the above, it's easy to see why increasingly more Falls Church, VA organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to save money and improve their workflows.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Falls Church, VA
Going paperless has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 benefits you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Falls Church, VA are:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — A commercial copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on expenses like paper and ink, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — Most companies have information that is private or sensitive. By going paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are important for many Falls Church, VA organizations. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of reduced operating costs, access to more workers, and improved employee retention. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- It's good for the environment — An office worker in the United States uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Falls Church, VA
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any Falls Church, VA organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, securely destroy the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Falls Church, VA company, you a cloud, on-site storage, or hybrid storage.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digitalto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of using paper. Make sure your employees know what they're doing and that they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or produce paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's a great change that will make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Falls Church, VA
Without a company experienced in helping Falls Church, VA companies go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Falls Church, VA organizations with going paperless and increase productivity for more than 25 years. With that experience, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper records into two "piles": those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Falls Church, VA companies who wish to move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Falls Church, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important documents. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need digitized, HITS can handle it. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.