Go Paperless Atlanta, GA
Go paperless in Atlanta, GA. The idea of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Atlanta, GA businesses. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By moving on from paper, you'll save on a variety of costs, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Atlanta, GA organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Atlanta, GA: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their time reviewing documents, but half their day trying to find it
- 75 percent of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other 25 percent on storage and equipment
- Document related problems make up 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months per year
Given the above, it's not hard to see why more and more Atlanta, GA organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to save money and improve their workflows.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Atlanta, GA
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 benefits you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Atlanta, GA are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be significantly less cluttered, which can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of performing the core tasks of their job.
- Save money — An office copier can cost as much as $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — Most companies have information that is private or sensitive. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to know their information is secure, and federal guidelines, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are essential for many Atlanta, GA businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel they can concentrate on their work better, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of less overhead, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- It's good for the planet — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Atlanta, GA
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any Atlanta, GA organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, get rid of the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There are hundreds of applications and software that offer online storage. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site storage, or a hybrid solution.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be tech-savvy, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or produce paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as a great new opportunity that will make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Atlanta, GA
Without an agency experienced in helping Atlanta, GA businesses go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping Atlanta, GA companies go paperless and become more efficient for over 25 years. With that experience, we've learned how to make the switch as stress-free as possible.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Atlanta, GA companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Atlanta, GA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important information. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need digitized, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.