Go Paperless Herndon, VA
Go paperless in Herndon, VA. The idea of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Herndon, VA businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their workflow. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' performance. HITS has been helping Herndon, VA organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Herndon, VA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a missing documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time looking for it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other 25 percent on storage and equipment
- Document related challenges account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months per year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not hard to see why increasingly more Herndon, VA organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to save money and make their teams more productive.
8 Benefits of A Paperless Office in Herndon, VA
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your business, your office workers, your partners, and those you serve. The biggest 8 benefits most of our clients experience when they go paperless in Herndon, VA include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- More productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are not in the same place.
- More security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are important for many Herndon, VA enterprises. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many employees like working remotely because they feel like they can focus more, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of less overhead, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Herndon, VA
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Herndon, VA organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two groups, shred the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Herndon, VA company, you a cloud, on-premises hardware, or hybrid storage.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not analog. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure your clients and partners are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity to make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Herndon, VA
Without an IT firm who knows how to help Herndon, VA companies go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping Herndon, VA companies go paperless and become more efficient for almost 30 years. In that time, we've learned how to make the process as stress-free as possible.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper documents into two categories: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Herndon, VA companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Herndon, VA
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.