Go Paperless Blue Springs, MO
Go paperless in Blue Springs, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Blue Springs, MO organizations. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By going to a paperless office, you'll save on a variety of costs, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Blue Springs, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Blue Springs, MO: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format go missing; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their day reading documents, but 50 percent of their day trying to find it
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other 25 percent on storage and equipment
- Document related problems make up 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months every year
Given the above, it's easy to see why more and more Blue Springs, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to save money and make their teams more efficient.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Blue Springs, MO
Going paperless has a huge impact on your business, your office workers, your partners, and those you serve. The biggest 8 benefits you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Blue Springs, MO are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier can cost as much as $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on expenses like paper and ink, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — All organizations have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are important for many Blue Springs, MO businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less operating costs, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and improved employee retention. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can reap the benefits of remote work.
- It's good for the planet — An office worker in the U.S. disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By going paperless, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Blue Springs, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Blue Springs, MO organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Sort your documents into two groups, get rid of the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Blue Springs, MO company, you a cloud, on-premises storage, or hybrid storage.
- Digitize your workflows — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of using paper. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Tell them it's a great new opportunity to make things smoother for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Blue Springs, MO
Without an agency who knows how to help Blue Springs, MO organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Blue Springs, MO organizations with going paperless and increase productivity for more than 25 years. With that experience, we've developed innovative and proven solutions to make the conversion as stress-free as possible.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two categories: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Blue Springs, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Blue Springs, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need digitized, HITS can handle it. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.