Go Paperless Reston, VA
Go paperless in Reston, VA. The concept of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Reston, VA organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By going to a paperless office, you'll save on a variety of costs, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Reston, VA organizations become the best versions of themselves for more than two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Reston, VA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their day reviewing documents, but half their time looking for it
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the rest on cabinets, printers, toner, etc...
- Document related problems account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Reston, VA organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and make their teams more productive.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Reston, VA
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 advantages you're likely to experience by going paperless in Reston, VA are:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are not in the same place.
- Increase security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are essential for many Reston, VA organizations. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers get the benefit of reduced overhead, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Help the planet — An office worker in the United States uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in Reston, VA
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Reston, VA organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, get rid of the ones you don't need, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. You'll have the option to consider a cloud, on-site servers, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure those outside of your organization are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as a great new opportunity that will make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Reston, VA
Without an IT firm experienced in helping Reston, VA organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping Reston, VA companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two categories: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Reston, VA companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Reston, VA
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important records. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need converted, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.