Go Paperless Bethesda, MD
Go paperless in Bethesda, MD. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Bethesda, MD businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their operations. By going to a paperless office, you'll save on a variety of costs, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' performance. HITS has been helping Bethesda, MD organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Bethesda, MD: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their time reading documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Document related problems make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Given the above, it's not hard to see why increasingly more Bethesda, MD organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to be more cost-effective and improve their internal processes.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Bethesda, MD
Going paperless has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 advantages you're likely to experience by going paperless in Bethesda, MD are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be significantly less cluttered, which can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers won't be bogged down digging through cabinets instead of performing the core tasks of their job.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on expenses like paper and ink, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- More productivity — Uncluttered offices not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — Most companies have documents that are private or sensitive. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are essential for many Bethesda, MD businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many office workers prefer to work away from the office because they feel they can concentrate on their work better, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of reduced expenses on office supplies, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — The average American office worker disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By going paperless, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Bethesda, MD
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Bethesda, MD organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Sort your documents into two categories, shred the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Pick your digital storage service — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Bethesda, MD company, you cloud-based storage, on-site storage, or something in between.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity to make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Bethesda, MD
Without an agency who knows how to help Bethesda, MD businesses go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Bethesda, MD organizations with going paperless and increase productivity for more than two and half decades. With that experience, we've developed innovative and proven solutions to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two categories: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Bethesda, MD companies allow their employees to work from home.
We've helped all types of Bethesda, MD organizations go paperless, from publicly traded companies to government agencies, and even health information departments with our STR8VIEW® application.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Bethesda, MD
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important information. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.