Go Paperless Brentwood, MO
Go paperless in Brentwood, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Brentwood, MO enterprises. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their internal processes. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Brentwood, MO organizations improve their workflows for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Brentwood, MO: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a missing document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their day trying to find the document
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other 25 percent on storage and equipment
- Document related issues make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months each year
Given the above, it's not hard to see why increasingly more Brentwood, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and make their office workers more efficient.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Brentwood, MO
Switching to a paperless workflow can do wonders for your business, your office workers, your partners, and your customers. The biggest 8 advantages you're likely to see by going paperless in Brentwood, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — All organizations have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal guidelines, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are vital for many Brentwood, MO enterprises. With increased security your private information will be easier to control.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many employees like working remotely because they feel they can concentrate on their work better, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less expenses on office supplies, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to reap the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in Brentwood, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Brentwood, MO organization, especially if you have stacks and stacks of paper whose information you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Go through all of your paper documents, get rid of the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site servers, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure your employees know what they're doing and that they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's a great new opportunity that will make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Brentwood, MO
Without an agency experienced in helping Brentwood, MO companies go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the process may draw out for longer than expected. At HITS, we've been helping Brentwood, MO companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've developed innovative and proven applications to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper records into two "piles": scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Brentwood, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Brentwood, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important documents. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.