Go Paperless Independence, MO
Go paperless in Independence, MO. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Independence, MO organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' performance. HITS has been helping Independence, MO organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Independence, MO: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their time reviewing documents, but 50 percent of their day looking for it
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other quarter on cabinets, copiers, ink, etc...
- Issues related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months every year
Given the above, it's easy to see why more and more Independence, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and make their teams more efficient.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Independence, MO
Going paperless can do wonders for your company, your office workers, your partners, and those you serve. The top 8 benefits most of our clients see by going paperless in Independence, MO are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier can be as much as $15,000, not including the cost of maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- More productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — All organizations have documents that are private or sensitive. If you go paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to have faith in you, and federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are essential for many Independence, MO enterprises. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel they can concentrate on their work better, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of reduced operating costs, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- It's good for the environment — An office worker in the United States disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Independence, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any Independence, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, make the process seamless and secure:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Sort your documents into two categories, get rid of the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Independence, MO company, you a cloud, on-premises storage, or something in between.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or produce paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting change to make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Independence, MO
Without a company experienced in helping Independence, MO organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Independence, MO organizations with going paperless and become more efficient for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to make the process as stress-free as possible.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two categories: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Independence, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Independence, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need converted, HITS can handle it. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.