Go Paperless Clayton, MO
Go paperless in Clayton, MO. The concept of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Clayton, MO organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Clayton, MO organizations improve their workflows for more than two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Clayton, MO: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find the document
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other quarter on cabinets, copiers, toner, etc...
- Issues related to document management make up 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's easy to see why more and more Clayton, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and improve their workflows.
8 Benefits of A Paperless Office in Clayton, MO
Going paperless has a huge impact on your organization and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 benefits you're likely to see when they go paperless in Clayton, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down searching through stacks of paper instead of performing the core tasks of their job.
- Save money — An office copier can be as much as $15,000, not including the cost of maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- More productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are not in the same place.
- More security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are essential for many Clayton, MO businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel they can concentrate on their work better, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of reduced operating costs, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and improved employee retention. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Go Paperless in Clayton, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Clayton, MO organization, especially if you have stacks and stacks of paper whose information you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two categories, get rid of the ones that have met your retention policy, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Clayton, MO company, you cloud-based storage, on-site hardware, or hybrid storage.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with the switch. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Tell them it's a great new opportunity to make things smoother for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Clayton, MO
Without an agency who knows how to help Clayton, MO companies go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the migration may draw out for longer than expected. At HITS, we've been assisting Clayton, MO organizations with going paperless and increase productivity for almost 30 years. In that time, we've learned how to make the conversion efficient and pain-free.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two "piles": those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Clayton, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Clayton, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important records. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need converted, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.