Go Paperless Kirkwood, MO
Go paperless in Kirkwood, MO. The idea of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Kirkwood, MO enterprises. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By going to a paperless office, you'll save on a variety of costs, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Kirkwood, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Kirkwood, MO: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day reviewing documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- 75 percent of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Issues related to document management make up 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not hard to see why more and more Kirkwood, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and make their office workers more efficient.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Kirkwood, MO
Switching to a paperless workflow can do wonders for your organization and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 advantages you're likely to see when they go paperless in Kirkwood, MO are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be more open, which can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal guidelines, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are essential for many Kirkwood, MO organizations. With increased security your sensitive information will be easier to safeguard.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many employees like working remotely because they feel like they can focus more, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers get the benefit of less operating costs, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Kirkwood, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any Kirkwood, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Go through all of your paper documents, shred the ones that have met your retention policy, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Do your research and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Kirkwood, MO company, you a cloud, on-premises hardware, or hybrid storage.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digitalto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be tech-savvy, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new software.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Tell them it's an exciting change that will make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Kirkwood, MO
Without an agency experienced in helping Kirkwood, MO organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the migration may draw out for longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been assisting Kirkwood, MO organizations with going paperless and become more efficient for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to make the switch as stress-free as possible.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those than are unnecessary
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Kirkwood, MO companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Kirkwood, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.