Go Paperless Fairfax, VA
Go paperless in Fairfax, VA. The idea of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Fairfax, VA businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their workflow. With a paperless workflow, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and improve your office workers' performance. HITS has been helping Fairfax, VA organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Fairfax, VA: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but half their day trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other 25 percent on cabinets, copiers, ink, etc...
- Document related problems make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not hard to see why more and more Fairfax, VA organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and make their office workers more productive.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Fairfax, VA
Going paperless can do wonders for your business, your employees, your partners, and those you serve. The top 8 advantages most of our clients see when they go paperless in Fairfax, VA include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be more open, which studies show is enough to enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down digging through cabinets instead of doing the job you're paying them for.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for expenses like paper and ink, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- More productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- More security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are essential for many Fairfax, VA businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many employees like working remotely because they feel like they can focus more, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced expenses on office supplies, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and improved employee retention. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- It's good for the environment — The average American office worker disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in Fairfax, VA
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Fairfax, VA organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two categories, get rid of the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Pick your digital storage service — There are hundreds of applications and software that offer online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Fairfax, VA company, you cloud-based storage, on-site servers, or something in between.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new software.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure your clients and partners are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as a great change that will make things smoother for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Fairfax, VA
Without an IT firm experienced in helping Fairfax, VA companies go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Fairfax, VA organizations with going paperless and increase productivity for more than two and half decades. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven applications to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two categories: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are in digital format, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Fairfax, VA companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Fairfax, VA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.