Go Paperless Jefferson City, MO
Go paperless in Jefferson City, MO. The concept of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Jefferson City, MO businesses. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their workflow. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Jefferson City, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Jefferson City, MO: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format are lost; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, finding a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day going over documents, but 50 percent of their day trying to find it
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the other 25 percent on cabinets, copiers, toner, etc...
- Document related challenges account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Given the above, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Jefferson City, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-effective and make their office workers more productive.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Jefferson City, MO
Switching to a paperless workflow has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 benefits most of our clients experience when they go paperless in Jefferson City, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are not in the same place.
- Increase security — All organizations have information that is private or sensitive. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer in the event of a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are important for many Jefferson City, MO organizations. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to a mobile workforce — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel like they can focus more, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of less overhead, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can reap the benefits of remote work.
- It's good for the planet — An office worker in the United States uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Jefferson City, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any Jefferson City, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, shred the ones that have met your retention policy, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Do your research and pick which works best for you. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site hardware, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with the switch. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's an exciting new opportunity that will make things smoother for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Jefferson City, MO
Without a company who knows how to help Jefferson City, MO organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may take much longer than you anticipated. At HITS, we've been helping Jefferson City, MO companies go paperless and become more efficient for over two and half decades. In that time, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper records into two "piles": scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are in digital format, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Jefferson City, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Jefferson City, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need converted, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.