Go Paperless McLean, VA
Go paperless in McLean, VA. The concept of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to McLean, VA enterprises. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping McLean, VA organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in McLean, VA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a missing document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their time reviewing documents, but half their time looking for the document
- 75 percent of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Document related challenges account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Given the above, it's not hard to see why more and more McLean, VA organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and enhance their internal processes.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in McLean, VA
Switching to a paperless workflow can do wonders for your company, your employees, your partners, and your customers. The top 8 advantages most of our clients experience by going paperless in McLean, VA are:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier can cost as much as $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- More productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- More security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to know their information is secure, and federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are important for many McLean, VA businesses. With increased security your private information will be easier to safeguard.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer to work away from the office because they feel like they can focus more, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less operating costs, access to more workers, and improved employee retention. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in McLean, VA
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any McLean, VA organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two groups, get rid of the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software that offer online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your McLean, VA company, you a cloud, on-site storage, or something in between.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not analog. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's a great new opportunity to make things smoother for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in McLean, VA
Without a company experienced in helping McLean, VA organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may take much longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been helping McLean, VA companies go paperless and increase productivity for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help McLean, VA companies who wish to move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in McLean, VA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important documents. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.