Go Paperless St. Louis, MO
Go paperless in St. Louis, MO. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to St. Louis, MO organizations. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their workflow. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping St. Louis, MO organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in St. Louis, MO: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but half their time looking for it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other 25 percent on storage and equipment
- Issues related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months every year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's easy to see why increasingly more St. Louis, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and enhance their internal processes.
8 Benefits of A Paperless Office in St. Louis, MO
Switching to a paperless workflow has a huge impact on your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 advantages most of our clients see when they go paperless in St. Louis, MO are:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to work with at the same time, even when employees are not in the same place.
- Increase security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are important for many St. Louis, MO enterprises. With increased security your private information will be easier to protect.
- Move to remote work — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less overhead, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and improved employee retention. Going paperless is a great way for you and your workers to reap the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in St. Louis, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any St. Louis, MO organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, make the process seamless and secure:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Go through all of your paper documents, get rid of the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your St. Louis, MO company, you a cloud, on-site servers, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with the switch. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity that will make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in St. Louis, MO
Without an IT firm who knows how to help St. Louis, MO organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping St. Louis, MO companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. In that time, we've learned how to make the conversion as stress-free as possible.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help St. Louis, MO companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in St. Louis, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important records. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.