Go Paperless Richmond, VA
Go paperless in Richmond, VA. Going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Richmond, VA organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Richmond, VA organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Richmond, VA: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their time reviewing documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the rest on storage and equipment
- Document related problems make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's easy to see why more and more Richmond, VA organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and enhance their workflows.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Richmond, VA
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your company, your office workers, your partners, and those you serve. The biggest 8 benefits most of our clients see by going paperless in Richmond, VA include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees won't be bogged down looking for information instead of performing the core tasks of their job.
- Save money — A commercial copier can cost as much as $15,000, not not to mention maintaining it or fixing any issues. By going paperless, you'll also save on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- More security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are important for many Richmond, VA businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make remote work possible — Many employees like working remotely because they feel like they can focus more, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less overhead, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- It's good for the planet — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Richmond, VA
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Richmond, VA organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two categories, securely destroy the ones that have met your retention policy, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider a cloud, on-site storage, or a hybrid solution.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's an exciting new opportunity that will make life easier for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Richmond, VA
Without a company who knows how to help Richmond, VA companies go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping Richmond, VA companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven applications to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two "piles": those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Richmond, VA companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Richmond, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important documents. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need converted, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.